Moto Racer 4 – the fourth installment in the arcade-style series from Microïds and Artefacts Studios, promises new features and VR compatibility. The game launched today, making it the first fully-fledged bike-racing simulation game for VR. But here’s the catch: Microids has revealed that there's currently only two modes that support VR – Time Attack and Hot Lap. This means that, as of yet, there’s no multiplayer option for VR.
Check out this VR gameplay video by THM Magazine:
Some Moto Racer 4 features:
- 15 singleplayer and multiplayer game modes (combined).
- It has two multiplayer options: split-screen and online (up to 10 players per game).
- The two player modes – Asphalt and Dirt are back.
- Players can choose between motorcross bikes or high-speed racing bikes.
- Bike and rider customization.
- Characters with varied personalities and riding styles.
- Traffic on the road when riding in the Asphalt mode.
- Over 100 challenges and 18 races in both motocross and asphalt.
- 3 Different environments.
There is also a Deluxe Edition available that grants you access to three upcoming DLC’s and an additional game mode. The game is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Mac. The developers are planning on gradually making the rest of the game modes VR compatible sometime in the future, but a specific date has not yet been determined. They’ve stated that it won’t cost extra – which (in this pay for any extra features era) is great.
You can also have a look at the new Moto Racer 4 trailer (launched yesterday):
This is legacy content from the old vrthegamers.com. All rights reserved.